Our Thanksgiving food drive for TASK begins this week! A donation table will be available in front on Toll Gate before and after school on November 17, 18 and 19 (please note: November 19 is an early dismissal day).
Here is a list of the requested donations PER STUDENT by grade. We are aware of shortages of certain items so feel free to substitute as noted below.
- PEECH: (2) 24 oz. PLASTIC jars of UNSWEETENED applesauce
- KINDERGARTEN: (2) 24 oz. PLASTIC jars of UNSWEETENED applesauce
- 1ST GRADE: (6) boxes Stove Top CORNBREAD Stuffing mix
- 2ND GRADE: (8) 10.5 oz CANS of TURKEY gravy (**no glass jars, please)
- ***OR cans or boxes of turkey or chicken stock
- 3rd GRADE: (6) 14.5 oz cans whole kernel corn
- 4th GRADE: (6) cans of cranberry jelly
- ***OR any canned cranberry sauce
- 5th GRADE: (6) 14.5 oz cans of cut green beans
Calling all bakers!
While we are unable to bake pies for TASK at Toll Gate this year, we are offering families the opportunity to bake our famous sweet potato pies AT HOME to donate with the rest of our Thanksgiving meals! If you’d like to bake a pie (or pies!), pick up a white pie box (or boxes!) and printed recipe card (also included below) at the TASK table outside Toll Gate before or after school on Nov. 17, 18 or 19. Use Toll Gate’s sweet potato pie recipe to bake at home, either on your own or with TG friends on Zoom. We’re hosting two baking sessions that you can choose from: Sunday, November 21 at 4:00pm & Monday, November 22 at 6:30pm. Please check your PTO email for the Zoom links.
Drop off your baked pie(s) at the TASK table before or after school on Nov. 22 or 23. If you have any questions, please reach out to Suzanne Elliott at Suzanne_elliott@yahoo.com or 718-637-3774 or Valerie Buchert at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
THANK YOU for your participation and support!