5 Essential Facts of Digital Life
- Kids are the creators. It's all about participating, communicating, making music and images and videos, and posting written content. And the content that's there? Kids must be able to distinguish if it's credible.
- Everything happens in front of a vast, invisible, and often anonymous audience.
- Once something is out there, it lasts for a long time. Everything leaves a digital footprint.
- Information cannot be controlled. Anything can be copied, changed, and shared instantly.
- Distance and anonymity separate actions and consequences. Kids think they can get away with unethical or unacceptable behavior because they don't see immediate consequences.